Sunday 9 November 2008

Wet photography practise

I had my first ever experiment with wet photography and working in a darkroom recently. I really enjoyed it and I definitely want to practise more with SLR cameras and black and white photography. Often I find with digital cameras, black and white photography is quite redundant but the exposure with this is stronger and using an slr is definitely better in terms of being able to focus manually.



The image above is my first contact sheet tester from the photos Heather and I took around the city centre. We exposed all the negatives for 2 seconds, then covering up a bit more and a bit more we exposed the rest to see what the best time was. In this instance it was 16 seconds (the second top left hand stripe). You can see where we didn’t expose it enough in the bottom right hand corner.



Here is the contact sheet with the whole sheet exposed for 16 seconds, I think this was quite successful for my first time:)

Here are two images from the sheet enlarged.



No comments: